Online Summer School for young scientists on publishing techniques in the field of engineering science
October 30, 2020
Despite the epidemiological situation and the many difficulties it has presented, our AQUASENSE summer school on publishing techniques in the field of Engineering Science, organized by VINmes (Visegrad Network for Microelectronics Engineering Scientists) was a complete success!
During our online summer school, the AQUASENSE 15 attended a series of seminars aimed at improving the skills of young scientists in scientific article publishing techniques.
On day 1 of our summer school, our ESRs received training in the following areas:
1. Review paper writing – the importance of literature survey, search engines, references, citations, etc.
2. How to statistically analyze scientific results, in brief.
3. How to prepare images and data plots for scientific articles and conference presentations.
4. How to prepare a short abstract for a conference and its difference to journal abstract.
5. How to prepare oral and poster presentations for conferences.
6. An evaluation of a poster was also carried for a case study.
On day 2 our ESRs received some valuable practical training that will help them to prepare adequately formatted scientific articles for the peer-review process.
This series of seminars was a real benefit to our ESRs and we all thoroughly enjoyed the program!
A huge thank you to all those involved in the organization of this event and of course to the VINmes team!