Summer School on Water Monitoring Sensing Technologies @ the Fondazione Bruno Kessler (FBK) Research Institute in Trento, Italy
September 28, 2019
Fondazione Bruno Kessler (FBK) Research Institute, Trento, Italy
Our first AQUASENSE Summer School at the Fondazione Bruno Kessler (FBK) Research Institute in Trento, Italy was a great success.
The AQUASENSE 15 had the opportunity to introduce themselves to the group, foster new relationships, and establish valuable communication channels by presenting their backgrounds and future career plans to the consortium.
Ms. Fabiane Fantinelli Franco was selected, by the AQUASENSE 15, as our first ESR representative to attend future PPM meetings of the Network Steering Committee (NSC), congratulations Fabiane!
The AQUASENSE 15 also attended their first Summer School on Water Monitoring Sensing Technologies, Each of our ESRs received training in the following areas:
- The development of materials for sensing technologies.
- The fabrication and development of sensors and sensing technologies.
- The implementation of systems and applications for water quality monitoring.
Some of the specific workshops our ESRs attended are listed below:
- New materials for micro-scale sensors and actuators.
- Fabrication of integrated sensor and actuator platforms by Supersonic Cluster Beam Deposition
- Microfluidics: an overview.
- Surface treatments for biosensing.
- Optofluidic micro and nanostructured devices and systems for (bio)sensing
- Printed sensors: technologies and applications.
- Label-free biosensors for environmental monitoring based on silicon technology.
- Machine Learning methods for data analysis.
- Silicon-based microfabrication technologies.
- Rationale and application of high throughput sequencing approaches in the study of biodiversity and water quality assessment.
- Water quality monitoring in rivers and lakes of Trento province.
- Chemical gas sensors for agri-food water management.
- Multifunctional micro- and nanosystems for chemical and physical sensing.
- Statistical process optimization through the design of experiment.
Our ESRs also had the opportunity to participate in some experimental lessons focused 0n:
- Hands-on MEMS.
- Ink-Jet printer – How does it works?
A huge thank you to all organizers and participants for a great event!